Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Put it together and what have you got?

Bippity Boppity Boo!
Another hat I completed while watching General Conference.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I was at the ARC thrift store in Ft. Collins last weekend trying to beef up my kid's fall/winter wardrobe a little and I always have to peruse by the yarn section. They don't really have a rhyme or reason to how they bag their yarn at thrift stores, you kinda just get what you get. This bag caught my eye- it was a large selection of lots of "end of the line" little balls of yarn, where obviously someone used all but the last bit of each one and gave them all away because none of them have enough by themselves to make anything. The colors were so vivid, though, and since I just can't pass up anything that is bright (you know, shiny things...just can't let them go), I envisioned this hat as soon as a saw it, a ragtag hat. The bag went in the cart without thinking about it.
Out of small things, right?
And really, those buttons...I just can't get enough of buttons on my hats! It's an instant pick me up when I walk by my collection of makings and see this little treasure lying on top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

photography (13) hats (9) crochet (7) I heart faces (4) giveaway (2) Free (1) Paper (1) Photoshop (1) tutorials (1)