Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey Girl

This is Odell. She will be turning two in August. She is our third born.
She almost didn't make it here. When I was 14 weeks pregnant with her, I woke up one morning with really painful cramps. Within the next couple of hours I started bleeding heavily (this pregnancy was after a scary miscarriage where I had to go to the hospital because I was bleeding so bad)- my husband was at work so my mother in law drove me to the doctor's office. During the ultrasound I saw a healthy, rapidly beating heart and a perfect little baby on the screen and I fell in love. Then my doctor told me that I had a large blood clot in my uterus, my cervix had shrunk to 2 cm and that I was probably going to miscarry within the week. That was heart-wrenching for me, especially because she was just fine on the ultrasound, there was nothing wrong with her, she was perfect, but there was nothing they could do.
Well the week passed. And then another week. And then another week, and although my cervix was on a roller-coaster, lengthening and then shrinking, then lengthening and shrinking again, she just kept being the perfect little baby that she was and refused to leave. With lots of prayer and lots of rest, God let us keep this beautiful baby girl. In fact she made it to 38 weeks, full term, and has been just an angel since then.
Well, sort of. I just found her with one of our unzipped and halfway unstuffed couch pillows. We love her anyway.
So to Odell, I say, "Hey Girl. Thanks for being here and making me the luckiest Momma in the world."
Hey YOU. Go look at some more beautiful girl entries this week at I Heart Faces!! Celebrate all those girlies in your life (and don't forget your MOMMA! Only a few days left- have you checked out the Vintage Pearl yet? Get some great ideas over there!)
...(PS, I'm not sponsoring them, I just really like their stuff...)

14 comments:

Megan Traxel said...

This is a great picture, I'm so glad for you that you have it and more importantly, your beautiful daughter. I love the editing on this. Just great.
-Megan
(http://mkgrunder.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-heart-faces-hey-girl.html)

Carolyn Clark said...

Too cute

Cropped Stories said...

What a beautiful post! Gorgeous pic of your little one! I'm so happy that it all worked out!

Kathryn said...

I love babies with huge sunglasses! my son has a similar picture..lol
www.mommyuncensored.com

Mock-Turtle said...

Lovely photo, but mostly a lovely story of how she came to be. What a special girl she is.

Lindsay said...

This shot is captivating and I love the processing. Great shot!

Serendipityissweet said...

Aw, what a sweet post for a sweet girl! And I LOVE that pic ;) I'd put that on the wall for sure ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Lisa said...

What a cutie! From one who also has two that almost didn't make it here, I loved your story.

Unknown said...

This composition is spot-on!! Adorable little cheeks peeking out from below the aviators! Great job!

mindy said...

your Odell is beautiful, as is her story. great capture!

Amanda Heath said...

this is great! love the up close shot!

Dinalee said...

Cute!

Shannon said...

Perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

photography (13) hats (9) crochet (7) I heart faces (4) giveaway (2) Free (1) Paper (1) Photoshop (1) tutorials (1)